In 1997, Mr. Forkner opened The Law Offices of Robert L. Forkner. He currently manages and owns Forkner Orlando & Echevarria Law.
Mr. Forkner has been an attorney in California since 1993. (California State Bar Number 166097). He provides counsel on every type of criminal defense case, ranging from juvenile and dependency cases to homicides to complex multi-defendant drug and gang cases. From 1998 to present, he has been in private practice with an emphasis on criminal defense. He has been a certified Criminal Law Specialist by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization since 2000. As such, he is qualified and experienced in all manners of criminal cases including capital death penalty defenses.
Mr. Forkner has practiced in, and become familiar with criminal practices of almost every county in northern and central California as well as some in Southern California.
He has practiced federal law in multiple districts and courts. Mr. Forkner has practiced and litigated administrative law in the following areas and disciplines: Social Security benefits, school disciplinary actions, Department of Real Estate Licensing, Dental Board licensing, Nursing Board Licensing, Alcohol Beverage Control, Bureau of Automotive Repair, Department of Education, Department of Motor Vehicles, and the Contracting Board.
Mr. Forkner has tried a large volume of criminal cases before juries and judges. Besides representing those accused in criminal complaints, Mr. Forkner has provided counsel in juvenile dependency cases, court conservatorships, family support, as well as witness immunity, testimonial agreements and civil litigation including civil jury trials.
He also has substantial experience being appointed to advise witnesses undergoing questioning under cross-examination.
Under Grad: California State University, Chico, California
- Degree: Bachelor of Science
- Major: Business Administration
Law School: Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco California
- Degree: 1993-Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Awards: Dean's List
Activities & Affiliations
- Certified Criminal Law Specialist- Board of Legal Specialization
- Member of The California State Bar
- Member of The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Nacdl)
- Member of The California Attorneys For Criminal Justice (Cacj)
- United States of America: Northern District of California
- United States of America: Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals For The Ninth Circuit
- United States Distinct Court: Southern District of California