Criminal Defense Attorney in Modesto, CA
Serving the Accused in Sacramento County, Stanislaus County,
& Fresno County
Criminal arrests and charges are scary, stressful, and confusing, especially if you have never been in this type of situation before. You may have little understanding of the criminal justice system, of what to expect, or how to effectively defend yourself. Whether you are being charged at the state or federal level, you could be at risk for jail or prison time, huge fines, long probations under the supervision of the court, and other penalties. The uncertainty of what could happen to you and your future can be overwhelming.
At such a time, your first order of business should be to enlist the services of a competent attorney. At Forkner Orlando & Echevarria, you will find a team of criminal defense lawyers with extensive experience, knowledge, and resources led by a Certified Criminal Law Specialist per the California State Bar of Legal Specialization. Very few attorneys in the state achieve this status which puts them at the top of their profession. Our team knows and understands California criminal law inside and out. We also are experienced in defending clients against federal charges that can be even more serious than those at the state level.
Facing criminal charges? Connect with Forkner Orlando & Echevarria at (209) 753-4009 to schedule a free case evaluation with a criminal defense lawyer in our Modesto office. Available 24/7. Hablamos español.
Why Should You Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney in Modesto, CA?
There are several reasons why it is a good idea to hire a criminal defense attorney in Modesto, California:
- Legal expertise: An experienced criminal defense attorney has the knowledge and expertise to navigate the complex legal system and defend your rights. They can help you understand the charges against you and advise you on the best course of action.
- Objectivity: It can be difficult to think clearly and make rational decisions when you are facing criminal charges. A criminal defense attorney can provide objective advice and help you make informed decisions about your case.
- Representation in court: A criminal defense attorney can represent you in court and present your case in the best possible light. They can cross-examine witnesses, present evidence, and make legal arguments on your behalf.
- Sentencing advocacy: If you are found guilty, a criminal defense attorney can advocate for a lenient sentence on your behalf. They can present evidence of your character and any mitigating circumstances that may be relevant to your case.
- Protection of your rights: A criminal defense attorney can ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process. They can challenge any violations of your rights and work to have evidence excluded from your case if it was obtained illegally.
Overall, hiring a criminal defense attorney can greatly increase your chances of achieving a favorable outcome in your criminal case.
If you're facing criminal charges, Connect with Forkner Orlando & Echevarria at (209) 753-4009.
Protect Your Legal Rights
Knowledgeable & Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers
We Handle State, Federal, & Juvenile Cases
We Offer Fierce Representation From Experienced Trial Lawyers
We Have Over 50 Years of Combined Experience
We're Available 24/7 and Offer Free Consultations
We Provide Spanish Speaking Services
Criminal Cases We Handle
Our Modesto team of criminal defense lawyers handles all types of criminal charges, from first-offense misdemeanors to serious repeat felonies including alleged crimes in the following categories:
- Federal crimes. These can range from interstate drug crimes to murder, kidnapping, armed robbery, child pornography, and white collar crimes, such as fraud against government agencies, bank and wire fraud, and more.
- Juvenile crimes. These offenses can range from drug possession and alcohol offenses to shoplifting, other forms of theft, vandalism, assault, criminal trespass, burglary, weapons charges, and gang-related crimes.
- Domestic violence. These are acts of violence or threats of violence against intimate partners, family or household members and can include domestic battery, inflicting corporal injury, and more, resulting in criminal penalties as well as restrictive restraining orders.
- Theft crimes. From shoplifting to petty larceny, grand larceny, and auto theft as well as embezzlement and identity theft, these are often crimes considered to be those of “moral turpitude” that can impact immigration status as well as lead to serious penalties.
- Violent crimes. These types of crimes are among the most serious due to their harmful impact on human life. They can range from assault and battery to rape, manslaughter, and murder.
- DUI. Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs is considered a very serious offense in California. Our team can not only defend your criminal case but handle the administrative case with the DMV.
- Drug crimes. Possessing, selling, and trafficking drugs are crimes that can be charged at both the state and federal levels. These crimes can include those involving street drugs as well as unauthorized prescription medicines.
You will increase your chances of a favorable outcome when hiring a criminal defense attorney at our firm. Our Modesto team includes seasoned trial lawyers with vast experience that can benefit you both in and out of the courtroom, such as through negotiations with prosecutors as well as before judges and juries. Our lead attorney’s expertise as a Specialist in Criminal Law reflects the excellence and advocacy we bring to every client.